The bizarre spectacle of stupid old guys bleating about climate, pollution, and everything else caused directly by the carbon sector is getting even older and dumber. Commercially, we’re now at the level of pure idiocy, combined with business pig ignorance.
What most of these alleged people don’t seem to know is that carbon can be made a lot more valuable in any other use than as fuel.
None of this revolting situation would have happened, if carbon was used more productively.
Carbon science isn’t exactly new. There are carbon polymers which can be tailored to just about any purpose. Buckminster Fullerene, the “wonder lubricant”, is a case in point. As raw carbon, oil or coal, that carbon is worth $X. As the Buckminster Fullerene, “Bucky Balls”, polymer, it’s worth millions a day to the patent owners, distributors and users. The same applies to just about all the non-fuel applications of carbon.
Graphene, the newer frontier in polymers, is a similar high value polymer, better than plastics, and open to more development. The rise of 3D printing using polymers and other materials has also changed the economic landscape for “advanced carbon” technologies. If you can print an 800 square feet house for $5000 cost to the end user, what would the value be to materials suppliers, given the gigantic demand?
A little pep talk for the carbon sector (Not PG)
Listen, you ultimate fucking morons:
- Your entire output is being devalued by your addiction to fuels.
- There are no excuses whatsoever for not upvaluing your own products to advanced carbon technologies, or is that idea too “nerdy” for you?
- You’re making $X a barrel or ton when you could be making $X000. Yes, you really are that stupid, and you insist on proving it.
- Your sector is run by absurd geriatrics who know nothing but money and have no plans at all for going forward. That’s not even debatable any more. Why the hell are you tolerating this situation? It’s your future which is being obliterated by this senility.
- Obsolete industries, technologies and materials have only one future – The scrapheap. Your stock owners don’t have to stick around just to lose their money. Equities are vulnerable, and will become more so.
- Advanced carbon products can solve pollution and other problems created by old carbon products. Membrane tech, etc. could clean up the world, literally atom by atom. See any future, or money, in that? If you don’t, get back in your M&Ms box.
- Carbon can be repurposed for anything and turned in to top quality products with excellent commercial values, notably high-end technologies of all kinds. …And you’re still pissing about with fuels? Why, in the name of cute little spreadsheets, are you bothering with this crap?
- The possibilities of advanced carbon technologies are almost literally limitless. Materials science is moving so far and so fast that those left behind have no chance of catching up. That’s particularly the case if you refuse to advance your own technologies to capitalize on new opportunities. The carbon sector is notorious for its lack of innovation, regressive inclinations and total refusal to face facts of any kind. That’s always been commercial suicide, since the Bronze Age.
These are just the basics. Trillions of dollars are at risk by failure to move forward, in commercial terms. Carbon fuel technologies will be fossils themselves soon enough, regardless of politics or the Tooth Fairy in DC.
Take your pick: Oblivion, with massive financial losses, or a future. It’s that simple, and there’s no middle ground. Now get off your arses and get it happening.